To be the voice of business in the greater Charlottetown area and to provide services and opportunities for our members.
Annual Report & Strategic Action Plan
View the 2018-2021 Strategic Action Plan and the 2019 Annual Report:
View the GCACC by-laws last amended and approved June 23, 2020:
View the GCACC financial statements as approved on June 23, 2020:
Priorities & Strategic Directions
The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce has identified four strategic directions for 2018 as we work with our members and partners to foster a vibrant business community:
Membership Growth and Retention
- Membership retention rate is increased.
- Membership growth opportunities are identified and addressed.
- New members to the business community are engaged in GCACC.
- GCACC dependency risk ratio is improved.
Member Services and Opportunities
- Members understand business and economic issues relevant to them.
- Evidence-informed services and programs are based on members’ needs and expectations.
- PEI has a competitive tax policy to encourage business growth.
- PEI has a successful population growth strategy, focused on an improved retention and repatriation rates of newcomers and youth over the short, medium, and long terms.
- GCACC is the catalyst for, and a leader in, influencing positive change for a provincial government-led K-12 education outcomes strategy.
- PEI has an environment that supports and encourages entrepreneurial activity and growth.
- GCACC responsiveness to relevant and emerging advocacy issues is maintained.
Building a Strong Organizational Foundation
- Volunteer base is reflective of the business community in the greater Charlottetown area with an appropriate mix of skills and demographics on the Board and committees.
- A strong, skilled staff is empowered to support the GCACC.
- Strong communication processes are built for both internal and external communication needs.
- A stronger governance structure supports the work of the GCACC board.