Yesterday, Tuesday, May 19, the Chamber released the results of its advocacy question regarding the reopening of the PEI/NB border in Phase 3 (scheduled to take effect June 12 at the time of response collection). Review the survey results here. Last Friday, the provincial government indicated the new anticipated start date of Phase 3 is now June 1.
This week, the provincial Chief Public Health Office provided further information for Chamber members regarding the development of their operational plan:
- After last week’s Chamber Live webinar on developing your operational plan, the Chamber sent all outstanding questions to the provincial Chief Public Health Office (CPHO) for further information. View CPHO’s response to these questions here.
- During last week’s operational plan webinar and industry roundtables, the Chamber also heard several frequently asked questions from participants. We asked the provincial Chief Public Health Office to answer these questions in writing. Read CPHO’s answers to Chamber member’s operational plan FAQs here.
Today, Wednesday, May 20, the federal government announced:
- The application documents and updated criteria for Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small businesses are now available. The program will be opened for applications beginning May 25.
Yesterday, Tuesday, May 19, the federal government announced:
- An expansion to the eligibility criteria for the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) to include many owner-operated small businesses.
- The Canadian Chamber of Commerce issued a statement in response to these changes. Read it here.
As always, we will share relevant information with you as it becomes available. Please reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Dawn Binns, President
Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce