Today, Tuesday, April 14, the provincial government announced:
- 1,000 new job placements for Island high school and post-secondary students through the expansion of the Skills PEI Post-Secondary Employment Program and Team Seafood Program, as well as enhancements to the Jobs for Youth Program.
Upcoming Chamber Live webinars include:
- Wednesday, April 15: A conversation with Hon. Melanie Joly – federal Minister of Economic Development & Official Languages
- Friday, April 17: HR employers guide in a pandemic and emergency crisis
- Monday, April 20: Employment law FAQs & carrying on business through COVID-19
Canadian Chamber news includes:
- More responses from Island business owners are needed for the Canadian Survey of Business Conditions to have a viable sample size from the province. This survey will directly inform the federal government on future resources and supports for businesses during the COVID-19 crisis.
- The Canadian Chamber is hosting a virtual e-commerce roundtable with Shopify on Wednesday, April 15, at 3:00 PM Atlantic. All chamber members are welcome to attend, however, space is limited. Register here.
Regular member updates will continue as new and relevant business information becomes available. As always, please reach out with your questions, comments and feedback.
Dawn Binns, President
Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce