Today, Wednesday, April 8, the federal government announced:
- Additional details on the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy, as well as increased flexibility for employers to access the program.
- Temporary changes to the Canada Summer Jobs program to help employers hire summer staff and provide young Canadians with jobs during this unprecedented time.
Yesterday, Tuesday, April 7, the provincial government announced:
- Extension of the Jobs for Youth application deadline from March 31 to April 30.
- An update on the spring fishing season.
If you missed this week’s Chamber Live webinars, the recordings are now available:
- WATCH RECORDING: Provincial government programs and resources for businesses during the COVID-19 crisis with Minister of Economic Growth, Tourism & Culture, Matthew MacKay
- WATCH RECORDING: Chamber Benefits Plan and how it is working for you during the COVID-19 crisis
Upcoming Chamber Live webinars include:
- Wednesday, April 15: A conversation with Hon. Minister Melanie Joly – federal Minister of Economic Development & Official Languages
- Friday, April 17: HR employers guide in a pandemic and emergency crisis
We will continue to keep you up to date as relevant information becomes available. As always, please reach out with your questions and feedback.
Dawn Binns, President
Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce