The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce (“GCACC” or “Chamber”) serves as the “Voice of Business” on economic issues for close to 1,000 members, and reflects a diverse network of small, medium and large businesses from almost every industry sector and business profession in the capital region.
GCACC seeks a highly motivated individual for the 9 month term position of Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”). The CEO leads the day-to-day operations of the Chamber and reports to the Board of Directors (the “Board”. This key position directs all operational aspects of the GCACC, including membership, events, advocacy, finances and community outreach and networking.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Foster effective teamwork between the Board and CEO and between the CEO and Chamber staff.
- In addition to the Chamber President, act as a spokesperson for the Chamber.
- Represent the Chamber at community activities to enhance the Chamber’s community profile.
- Oversee the implementation of the operational plan including budget which incorporates the goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the Chamber.
- Prudently manage the organization’s resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the Board appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the Chamber.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Chamber’s programs and services.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of programs and services of the Chamber to maintain or improve quality.
- Oversee the implementation of human resources policies, procedures and practices.
- Communicate with members on advocacy issues.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and collaborative agreements with community groups, sponsors, elected officials and other chambers, to help achieve the goals of the Chamber.
Experience and Skill Requirements
The successful candidate will have 5-7 years of senior management experience, previous experience reporting directly to a board of directors, a university or college degree and proven leadership experience.
- If you’re ready to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic organization, please provide your cover letter and resume in confidence via email to: email@example.com.
- Closing date for applications: Friday August 9th, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
- We thank allapplicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.