Have you ever has interest in participating in a Dragon’s Den style learning event? Are you interested in making a difference within the PEI community? Are you interested in understanding how policy works even if you do not work in policy? There is a unique opportunity for you to get involved in solving a real-world policy issue in PEI.
The Province of Prince Edward Island, in partnership with Veterans Affairs Canada, the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, the Start-Up Zone, UPEI and Holland College, is hosting the “Policy Hack 2020” event. In it’s third year, this event brings public and private sector and post-secondary participants together in a Policy Hackathon Program, and will be taking place over a six week period between May 4th to June 12th, 2020.
The province is seeking your interest in getting involved as participants to bring your unique skill sets and private sector perspective to solving challenges facing PEI.
There are many benefits for involvement. This is a unique opportunity to gain:
- Professional development;
- Networking opportunities;
- Personal growth/life skills such as public speaking;
- Solving a policy issue with real life policy implications;
- Exposure to new policy topics;
- Intensive learning experience to impact change and make policy recommendations with a set deadline and;
- Exposure to training sessions and experience of colleagues.
It is also an opportunity for capacity building, collaboration across the province and to have fun.
The time commitment approximately 3-5 hours/week and three full day sessions over the duration of the competition (beginning on May 4 through June 12).
Applications will open soon! Please visit https://psc.gpei.ca/pei-policy-hackathon for more information.