The Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking to hire a Policy and Communications Manager for a one-year maternity leave replacement commencing in October 2020. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this highly motivated individual will:
- Conduct research related to the local business community and economic landscape.
- Provide research and background material to support the advocacy initiatives and committees of the Chamber.
- Prepare briefing notes, reports, submissions, news releases, and other communications materials as required.
- Liaison with Chamber members about issues impacting their business operations.
- Applicant should be comfortable collecting and analyzing data, developing, and implementing surveying tools, and presenting information in a professional manner.
- In accordance with public health guidelines, coordinate events, symposiums, forums, and workshops in support of the advocacy work of the Chamber.
- Coordinate the Chamber’s communications with its members, governments, stakeholders, and the public. This may include but is not limited to social media, website e-news and other correspondence.
- Manage media relations, including prioritizing inquiries and preparing briefing material for spokespersons.
- Support the execution of Chamber media campaigns.
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess sound judgment, strong organizational skills, superior written and oral communication skills, works well as part of a team and individually, and works well under pressure. A degree in business, economics, journalism, public relations, or public policy/political science is considered an asset. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is also a requirement. Experience with design programs, WordPress, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and mainstream social media platforms would be considered an asset.
The Policy and Communications Manager will have an exceptional opportunity to expand their network and gain valuable experience by working with Chamber staff, members, and volunteers.
Please submit your cover letter, and resume to Penny Walsh-McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday, October 2, 2020